Name:

I volunteer web design work for The September Concert Organization. You can see their site at September Concert Organization

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Memories and meat loaf

Memories
was talking to someone about meatloaf, yes meatloaf. She was trying out a recipe
for meatloaf and I was telling her about my husband who loves only one type of meatloaf - his mothers. She gave me a leftover piece to try on my husband for a test-he loves to be the guinea pig and will try almost anything. I told her that meatloaf, however, would be difficult with him as he has this emotional attachment to - meatloaf.

When we first married I must have tried 20 different recipes, many from bon apetite and such.There were stuffed meatloafs, various meat combination meatloafs, you name it. He basically turned his nose up at them. Finally I gave up. Nothing was going to satisfy him because he had the fondest memories that apparently tugged at his heart strings when it came to meatloaf. Don't get me wrong eventually I got his mother's recipe for meatloaf and I must say it is stupendous (one day soon I will put the recipe up) But other meatloafs are good also. Anyway he tried my friend's meatloaf and Lo and behold he said it was good. No I won't lie he still favors his mother's. But this was the highest praise he has given another meatloaf. The fondest associations of foods that are linked to your history, your emotions, your memories are so hard to break. My feeling is that they should'nt be broken because it is about memories, usually good memories.

Now my meatloaf friend and I will try to exchange recipes to try out on each other
and our other half.

speak to you soon. pi


Memories and meat loaf

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 PM) : 

Pirchia-

This is a very cute website! I am eager to try both the crab cakes and the aspargus soup...I LOVE asparagus. When I get a spare second (and maybe get a little better at computers), I will definitely post a few favorites of my own! I also really like that you can get the links to other good cooking websites...always a good thing to have handy when searching for something new to create! I will definitely continue to check in.

-Liz

 

post a comment